Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Dream of Bhutan #1: Time Bandit Monks

In November of 2015, I dreamt of entering a monastery of Bhutanese Monks.  The ceilings were high and there were so many monks with their golden and red robes moving about. My sense is that they were mischievous and extremely witty. Some were hanging from the arms of a clock while others chanted and prayed. Immediately the information of their intention was brought to my consciousness: Every 5 minutes the world was saved by their prayers... as every 5 minutes they were able to manipulate time...just enough for a bodhisattva to save the world. 


Little did everyone know that the world as we know it was in peril of complete destruction, with the exception of these monks. For this reason they took pleasure in their devotion and great success. I was rapt by this amazing feat that was carried out with sincere humor. My heart grew wiser.

I then left a temple and entered a meditation room. Here, I began a deep meditation. With my eyes closed I sensed a relative approach me with intense psychological hostility. 
With my eyes closed I could see the energy radiating towards me, without words, but like a poisonous wind hitting me without mercy. Remaining steadfast, however slightly sad, I kept at my mediation to overcome this fact. The relative left through two great doors and I opened my eyes. To my surprise, the scene shifted and I saw a mirrored world above me.

Was I upside down or they? An entire planet was mirrored and people anchored to the vision. They would not fall off!  I could see the tops of many people's heads. There was a curious woman with long dark hair, upside down and  above me. She reached "down" to pull up her long socks. Then she looked up at me. I looked up at her. She was my sky and I was hers. Coincidentally, she looked a lot like me. I laughed, and then awakened. 

No comments:

Post a Comment