Monday, April 14, 2014

Dream Log Introduction

Where I come from, Dreams are taken seriously and reviewed with great respect. There is no concern for what Freud or Jung thought, dreams were messages that are simply valuable just as much as the those from the waking life. 

Dreaming Mexican Style.

My family has a long line of dreamers from Mexico. The earliest I remember in my lifetime was my grandfather and grandmother on my mother's side. My grandmother lived to be 90, and I was privy to her sense of tradition regarding the other dimension, and what we were given as visions in the Dreamtime.  In the morning, at the breakfast table, it was not uncommon for a family member to share their dream and capture everyone's attention. People would listen closely to find messages pertaining to the family. Sometimes we had tandem dreams.

It was a casual habit to share and no one thought it extraordinary, but they did believe it was important. Dreams were warnings, affirmations and insights on the state of our relations, circumstances and health. 
With family. I am to the right of my grandmother.


Later, with discipline I learned how to dream with great awareness-- what people call lucid dreaming. I could purposely travel and review something at a distance or explore the health of a person, landscape, or community. I have become stealthy and fearless as a warrior, and compassionate as an angel with the help of sentient beings from places I cannot describe, in the dreamtime. Some people believe I soul travel. I am not certain of the mechanics, but it is not so important as much as the fact that I learn to be my best self with this ability.

  Share the Dream.

A friend of mine, at the time of this writing asked me to make public my dreams because she felt many of my dreams had global meanings. At first I thought this a silly idea,  but then I thought again, because it is my habit to consider the input of others. At the very least, my dreams could have entertainment value.

So, this begins my dream log. Please, don't feel offended by these visions and excursions, as I will post honestly. Feel free to analyze me if this brings you joy, but most of all, please read these visions and dreams like stories because they invariably have a kind of moral to the stories--most of which ask the reader to relate compassionately for others. 

By the way, I do not need dream interpretations from others. Many of my dreams unfold their meanings through my continual group sharing. You may ask me questions or comment respectfully.

Peace to you and thank you for your indulgence.

No comments:

Post a Comment